What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Next Larger Than LP4-3 Pulled Rivets

MJarreau

Well Known Member
Hi. I have found the following threads for various models regarding issues with LP4-3 rivets.

I messed up some holes on my HS (attaching the rear spar to the ribs) and will move to the next larger size. :rolleyes: However, I don't know what that is and I failed to ask in my original question to Vans. So I've asked them for help and will let you know the answer. I figure I'm not the only one in this boat. :)

Cheers,
Michael

Consulted Vans

Thanks, Bob, I agree. In fact, I did contact Vans about this (with much more detail). They agreed these particular holes could be enlarged as long as there was sufficient edge distance.

Cheers!
Michael

Size

The next size up is a 5 unless it's a CherryMax. They have sizes in between but the dimension of the hole and thickness of the material is critical to selection.
I would ask Vans what rivet they recommend so you can be sure of structural integrity.
I know the HS Service Bulletin listed some Cherrymax substitutions.

Yep, Larry's Right

It's simple now that I've been told. The replacement is a 5/32 rivet. The grip length is 3/16. The response from Vans did not recommend any particular rivet replacement, just to contact the usual suppliers and purchase from them.

Cheers!
Michael

Back