What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-470F

stinson6

I'm New Here
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone has used the io-470f that puts out 260hp? Sorry if this has been answered before but is it too heavy or too light. I see that the -540 is the engine of choice. Just wondering since I've always looked at the -7 and -9 and never really considered the -10 until I recently acquired access to a IO-470F. Thanks guys.

No factory support for that engine----------you will be all on your own for mount, baffling, exhaust, etc.

But, then, this is the experimental world.

Don't try it doesn't fit easily conflicts with nose gear and w and b issues.I considered a 520 but abandoned the idea.Best decision I made during the build-stick with a 540 and you will save time and grief.

I can't address the nose gear fitting problems for the RV-10, but I can tell you that a few of the Rocket guys who converted stated that it added more than a year to their build time. It changed the cowling, the mount, etc....

I suppose you could always just saw the front end/bed mount off of a Bonanza and splice it on. Probably wouldn't be too difficult. :p

Back