What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skybolt supports the AirAdventure 2017 Vans Air Force Social

NBowers

2017 was my first year back to Oshkosh since 1999 (although Skybolt VP, Debra Bowers volunteers with Doreen Hillard, to host the Air Show Performer's Tent every year). When we caught wind of the Gallager & Co ? Dan Horton beer social, now that is something we (I) do quite well. What a great crowd and a chance to put faces to customers. The 6% beer?..that really should be an STCd alternative fuel. Dan warned me about it?.but I did not listen as closely as I should have.

Skybolt raffled a complete RV Fastener Kit and the winner could not be a finer type of an organization we really like to support; TangoFlight out of Georgetown, Texas. The organization, TANGOFLIGHT, tangoflight.org (best seen on Facebook), directed by Dan Weyant, is as good as it gets -

STORY
Students from Georgetown High School and East View High School are building a fully functional airplane as part of the Georgetown ISD's Aerospace Engineering course. We are hosting a media day on November 30, 2016 and encourage you to come experience this unique course firsthand.

About
The Aerospace Engineering class is a new dual college and high school credit course offered this year by Georgetown Independent School District. The STEM course offers high school students the opportunity to participate in building a functioning two seat metal RV-12 airplane. The project is a partnership between GISD, Project Lead the Way and local Georgetown non-profit TangoFlight. The City of Georgetown also provided some initial funding for the project. The course is unique in providing a college level curriculum with hands on experience building an airplane. The two seater airplane will be built using kits purchased through Van's Aircraft, an aviation company in Aurora, Oregon. East View High School teacher Dan Weyant leads the class composed of 24 students, 12 from East View High School and 12 from Georgetown High School. Due to the complexity of the build, the course is housed at East View High School in the Career and Technical Education center.

Count us in next year!

Safe Flying, Ned

I bought a lot of hardware from Skybolt over the years and always found them to be an excellent supplier. The old catalog contained a wealth of information but I have no idea whether it's still available.

Skybolt Catalog

We expect to have our 35 Year Edition out mid-September 2017 (print version)....finally. It will be front end loaded with really great pages that cover the world of 1/4-Turn Fasteners along with standard AN-MS-NAS hardware.

Safe flying, Ned

Back