What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which bolt / screw for horizontal air induction?

ndotreppe

Hi, I am building an RV7 with horizontal air induction and I have received my Aerosport Power engine IO375.
To attach the horizontal air induction I need four bolts which are not provided by Vans or by Aerosport power and I don't find the reference in Van's documentation.
Any idea which one I need to order from Spruce? AN500-???
I live in France where all the bolts are in metric so I would like to be sure to order the correct ones,
Thank you for your help,
Nicolas

1/4" UNC grade 5

Since you haven't got a reply yet, I'll take a crack at it. I have a different fuel servo on the IO-360M1B I purchased from Van's, however I suspect things are similar. They are a 1/4" UNC thread, and if you look at your engine you will see that many of the 1/4" UNC bolts (like the ones that hold fuel spider bracket to the crank case and the baffles to the engine) have SAE Grade 5 markings on them (the three lines coming out radially from the center of the bolt head). You should be able to get these locally in Europe (I can find them here in Tasmania, so I'd say your chances are pretty good). Don't forget you will need some type of locking device on the bolt (star lock washer/drilled head with lock wire etc) which you will have to look into.
Good luck.
Tom.

Thank you for your answer

Hi Tom, on another forum I received the reference MS20074-04-05 that I will order from Spruce. Hopefully it will work. Are you building an RV in Launceston? I flew Cessna 182 from there a few years ago.

Hi Nicolas. Glad you got it sorted. I'm just south of Launceston at an airfield known as Longdown.
Tom.

Back