What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

North East RV Fly-In?

Jim Lewellyn

Well Known Member
I would like to organize an RV fly-in for the spring (maybe May) of 2008. It would most likely be held at Bloomsburg municipal (N13). Some of my thoughts for the event:

- 2 day event
- Pig roast one day
- Burgers and dogs another day
- RV flying events - Proficiency race/Efficiency race/Dawn patrol
- Camp on the field/Reserve a block of rooms at a local hotel

I will do my best to make this happen if I receive enough response. Soooo.....If you are interested in attending such a gathering, please let me know.

While I am not flying

I would love to see a group of RV's in Pa. I live about an hour and a half from Bloomsburg and would definitely make the trip north for a get together.

Jim,

Sounds like a good idea. We had a one day RV get together last summer in Warrenton, VA and had a great turnout. I'll be there.

RV fly-in

Count me in. I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
Ron Snyder
9n7
Flying 8 (most of the time)

Set a date - I'll be there! I'll put in for some leave if need be.

Unfortunately I'll be driving, not flying, but I'll still be there.

Northeast RV Fly In

Hi Jim............

Sounds like a whole lot of fun.
Set a date. I'll be there with my 7A

Gary Slatt
RV7A N438GS (80 Hours)
Deck 9D4

I'd love to fly up to my home state of PA again. I just can't seem to find a good, authentic Italian pizza shop down south! (hey gary, I grew up in the H-town area and went to Lower Dauphin HS. Jo Jo Pizza on the square mmmmmmm) If the timing is right, I will be there.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the response, and for all of the offers to help. If I can get this thing pulled together, I will definitely be taking some of you up on your offer.

Our airport commission will be asking the town council for approval for this event at the next commission meeting, which is presently scheduled for February 6th. If we get their blessing, I will set a date for the first (annual?) "Susquehanna Valley RV Gathering".

has anyone ever gone to the one at oswego county airport in fulton ny. FZY. they have one every year for the rv's? they have 6 or so flying and 3-4 building.

Northeast RV Fly-in

Jim, If you would please, contact Steve Dwyer from EAA Chapter 486 in Fulton NY. I'm not able to find your e-mail address on VAF to pass on to him, so if you could contact him, he has some items he'd like to discuss with you. You can e-mail him at steve"at"cleanbrite.com

Northeast RV Fly-in

Jim, If you would please, contact Steve Dwyer from EAA Chapter 486 in Fulton NY. I'm not able to find your e-mail address on VAF to pass on to him, so if you could contact him, he has some items he'd like to discuss with you. You can e-mail him at steve"at"cleanbrite.com

Will do Alan.

Jim
[email protected]

I would do my best to make it as well. Still very deep in the building process, however would be well worth it, especially as a 2 day event. Would make traveling a lot less painless :)

Approval Finally

Well, our town council moved a bit slower than I had hoped, but finally gave approval for our RV fly-in. I will have a complete posting in a few days with dates and details of our two-day event.

Jim
There are four of us with RV-6's at Louisa County in VA. (LKU) if the weather is good we will most likely be there. How can you go wrong with a pig roast and and RV fly in.

Bill

Pig's and RV's

Thanks Bill,

A pig roast and RV's seems like a great combination! Now if we can just get the weather to cooperate.....

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Jim

I'll be there, just found today that I am the proud new pilot an -8 that my dad just bought, sounds like a great shake down event for the new bird. Now I need to get back from Ecuador so I can go get it. Anybody know an -8 transition training place?!?!?!?!:D

Congrats

Hey Tanker Bob

Congrats on the 8! I wonder if your dad would consider adopting me :D. Be sure to get some good transition training, and we look forward to seeing you there.

Well, our town council moved a bit slower than I had hoped, but finally gave approval for our RV fly-in. I will have a complete posting in a few days with dates and details of our two-day event.

SWEET! Anxiously awaiting dates, so I can submit leave papers to ensure I won't be out-of-country for this...

Quick Update

Planning is coming along nicely. We should have the dates finalized by this weekend (still shooting for the end of May). Our thoughtful planning group has come up with some awesome ideas that I am dying to share with you (but I will wait till plans are confirmed ;)). We are doing our best to have the event planning wrapped up by the end of next week. All fly-in details will be posted then.

Hi Jim

A northeast RV flyin would be a great thing....I live a little further north east than the rest of you in New Brunswick in eastern Canada. There is quite an active group of RV pilots here and your flyin might be a great excuse for us to try and decipher and deal with homeland security issues and fly down....keep us informed.

Joe Hine
RV4 C-FYTQ

Great!

Joe,

That sounds excellent! Keep an eye on this thread for an event flyer. I will also add it to DR's calendar of events here on VAF (as long as I have permission to do so??....I have never used it before) as soon as we finalize the details.

RV Fly-in - May 31st - June 1st - 2008

We finally got it all pulled together. Go to www.bloomsburgairport.com for all of the details. Please feel free to print the flyer and post it at your airport.

Here are a few highlights:
- Saturday May 31st - Sunday June 1st
- Lycoming Engines will be there with a Thunderbolt engine forum
- Columbia Aircraft Services will have a Magneto & Carb. forum
- RV8 about 60% complete will be on display
- FOOD
- Saturday evening entertainment
- Flying events

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Don't Forget Tie-Downs

Ed,

I look forward to meeting you!

Just a reminder to everyone planning to attend..... to bring your tie-downs along.

'LUCY' may make it!

33 more hours of Phase I
If I get that done before 5/31, I'll join you folks.
Hope for the weather...

-Rich RV-7 'LUCY'
Superior io360, Hartz Blended
No interior, no fairings, she just flies!
Jersey Shore
<BLM>

"Lucy"

Rich,

Congrats on your phase 1 progress! I hope you safely finish it up before the 31st. NJ to PA will be a nice little X-country for Lucy to stretch her wings.

RV Fly-In

I have had a few calls asking if the fly-in is still a go for this weekend (Saturday May 31 & Sunday June 1) since showers are in the forecast for Saturday. Yes, we will be having the fly-in regardless of the weather.

Here is a quick rundown of the schedule of events:
Saturday:
1pm - Magneto & Carburetor forum by Carl George of Columbia Aircraft
Services
2pm – Thunderbolt Engine forum by Jeff Schans of Lycoming Engines.
3pm – Fly-out to the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon
8pm – 10pm - Musical entertainment in the main hangar by Todd Cummings & band
Sunday:
8am – ?? - EAA 769 Breakfast
10 am – Noon - Poker Run to 3 local airports including Piper Memorial
12 pm (or upon return from poker run) - Spot Landing Contest​
2:00 pm - Presentation of the People’s Choice RV award
At the Airport:
Airport Camping
Fishing
Steph’s Subs
BBQ Pork
Burgers & Hot Dogs
BBQ Chicken
BBQ Ham
French Fries
Home-made Ice Cream​
Other:
U-Save Auto Rental (570) 387-0525 Request auto delivery to the Bloomsburg Airport and special fly-in rate.
Hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn Express (570) 387-6702 or Econo Lodge (570) 387-0490. Request the “Vans Airforce” rate.
Local Dining & Attractions: www.itourcolumbiamontour.com

Complete details at www.bloomsburgairport.com

Hope to see you there!
Call if you have any questions (570) 204-4745

Last edited:
Back