What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell CS prop hub bolt for spinner blk

bret

Well Known Member
On plans C-4 area B2 the plans call for a spacer X4 @ 1/4 long and a washer. This mounts the spinner bulkhead rearward, however, Ahem....this step will require replacing four of the prop hub bolts with longer ones, Does anyone here have that length and grade of bolt and a source? I'm sue they are special and expensive.....

Just FYI, if anyone needs these I found a source for the required grade 9 bolt, F911. They are a special alloy and heat treatment, 180,000 PSI

I'm surprised because every H prop that I have seen or installed over the years came with the longer bolts and spacers. Thanks for the info though.

Larry

I'm surprised because every H prop that I have seen or installed over the years came with the longer bolts and spacers. Thanks for the info though.

Larry

I agree with Larry. I have never seen a prop that didn't have these spacers already installed.
All that is usually required for a standard installation on an RV is to add an additional washer but the standard bolts can still be used.

Interesting, the prop and engine came out of a Mooney, the Mooney spinner is mounted via a ring mounted on the flywheel face instead of how we do it on the back of the outer hub bolts, mine only had two threads showing, I needed .500 longer. good to go now.

Back