What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2018 OSH RV-10 Dinner & Social 7/22

bcondrey

Well Known Member
Patron
RV-10 flyers, builders and wannabes Save the Date. We will again be hosting an RV-10 OSH gathering on 7/22 (Sunday before the show) starting at 5:30 and running until ??? According to our records, this will be the 11th annual OSH RV-10 dinner extravaganza... Location is in Camp Scholler, south of Lindbergh between 51st and Deischer. Several sites south of Lindbergh, about 3 sites north of Elm. Setup & cleanup help welcome but both should be “minimal”.

If you are planning to attend, please let me know so we can make sure there’s enough food. We will be bringing in food from a local establishment so no need to bring anything.

I’m happy to announce that RV-10 HQ now appears on Google Maps if you search for RV-10”!

Start the countdown, 3 days from today!

Last edited:
I arrive in OSH Sunday, late afternoon. Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects again this year. Boy, I sure would like to be one of the people with a flying 10, one of these years! Oh well, keep on trucking...

We will be there

Count my wife and I in again this year. We will come over early to help set up as well.

Post #1 updated with a few more details. Again, please let us know if you (and number of guests) are coming so we have enough food...

Hi Bob, My wife and I will be there. We have just begun our RV build journey and are looking forward to meeting you and others who are in, or have completed their RV 10 build. Thanks for putting this together.

Ulay and Kelly Littleton
Tucson, Az
Empennage started June 2018

Hello Bob,

My wife, daughter and I plan on joining the group for dinner, thank you.

Mike Cummings
RV-10 Started December 2017

Total of 7. Me, plus my son, another local 10 builder (Tampa), and a ragtag bunch of misfit "factory" helpers.

First time joining

Hi everyone,

I'm in the final stages of deciding to begin my RV10 journey and using this trip to settle it. Looking forward to meeting some RV10 folks, taking the RV assy class, seeing some aircraft, and enjoying the show.

I'm flying solo.

Coming into town early pm sunday so I should be able to help setup.

Counting the days,

Adam

Hi everyone,

I'm in the final stages of deciding to begin my RV10 journey and using this trip to settle it. Looking forward to meeting some RV10 folks, taking the RV assy class, seeing some aircraft, and enjoying the show.

I'm flying solo.

Coming into town early pm sunday so I should be able to help setup.

Counting the days,

Adam
Sounds like this will be an "expensive" trip to Airventure! :)

I'm in!

Please add one more to the tally.

Since tickets aren't available for Sunday, what is the ROE for parking and getting in?

Thanks.

Jeff

You don?t need a wristband or tickets to get in to Camp Scholler. There will NOT be room for parking at our sites and there WILL be a large crowd, so if you?re camping on the grounds somewhere (Scholler, HBC, GAC, Vintage, etc.) just hike over. If you aren?t camping on the grounds, easiest is probably to park in the Blue Lot (main entrance gate parking) and hike over.

Exact location will be provided when we?re on site. Generally speaking, we?ll be in the area just south of Lindbergh at about Deischer (look at the Camp Scholler map) which is immediately SW of Paul?s Park. If you?re looking at a map of the AirVenture grounds it?s called Paul?s Woods and we?ll be SW of that (note that the grounds map is oriented where up is East...).

Here is a link to the maps:
https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/maps

Perhaps prior year attendees can provide you with their strategy for parking. Since it?s at our sites, we haven?t had to deal with that 🙂

Perhaps prior year attendees can provide you with their strategy for parking. Since it?s at our sites, we haven?t had to deal with that 🙂

I attended the past 2 years and found it best to park in the blue lot and walk into the gathering. When I asked the first year, they said you don't need a parking permit to park in the blue lot on Sunday.

Afraid I won't be attending Air Venture this year, so unable to attend this great RV-10 social event. :(

It's late notice the but it looks like I have the opportunity to make the pilgrimage this year. Just me and my 5 year old!

Annual RV10 Picnic

Bob,

First of all, thank you for your selfless effort to organize this. I'm hoping after my life of homebuilding is completed in late 2019 I will be able to be a better participant.

My wife, daughter and I will be there. Depending on how crazy the entry to the parking is :rolleyes: we should be able to arrive at the picnic area by 4:30pm and offer help with any last minutes setup. :)

Regards,

Scott Wentz
RV10 Builder - Completion Target Sept 2019
Grayslake, IL

+2

I plan on attending, along with a coworker (Both -10 builders). As long as we get away from tent/booth setup. Hope to meet you all there!

Post #1 updated with exact location. Short story: Between Deischer and 51st, south of Lindbergh several sites - almost to Elm.

Still working on the -7 but planning a -10 at some point, would be happy to crash the party if that's ok! First time at OSH.

+2

Brand new VAF member here. My wife and I are attending the RV Assembly SportAir workshop on Monday and Tuesday, and we?re looking forward to meeting all of you.

I?m happy to announce that RV-10 HQ in Camp Scholler is now listed in Google Maps if you search for RV-10 🙂

Back