What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA Chapter 14 San Diego Fly-in

Bluelabel

Well Known Member
We are hoping to make this a new annual event. Come on down, the gas is cheap. Chime in if you can make it so we know how many to expect. Heck, come fly some young eagles too... I've already flown about 25 for the year so far.
R3KYo6u.jpg

Class Bravo nav?

Coming from the north with flight following, just offshore Oceanside, what should I ask for/expect to get through the Bravo? Or is it better to swing East and stay under all the sectors?

Ed Holyoke

Coming from the north with flight following, just offshore Oceanside, what should I ask for/expect to get through the Bravo? Or is it better to swing East and stay under all the sectors?

Ed Holyoke

You can do the VFR corridor over KSAN going south at 3500'. Check the Terminal Area chart for details.
Flight following is always easy to get.

Sure...Didn't think of that

You can do the VFR corridor over KSAN going south at 3500'. Check the Terminal Area chart for details.
Flight following is always easy to get.

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a VFR corridor at San Diego. I've used the one at LAX for years.

Ed

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a VFR corridor at San Diego. I've used the one at LAX for years.

Ed
If you talk to KSAN and north island, you can also get 500 ft along the coast starting in LaJolla. Makes for a great flight.

Back