What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Colorado Springs Airport Advice

bscycleman

My wife and I are flying to Colorado Springs the week of 23 July and are looking for advice on airports. I'd love to hangar the RV-7 but expect it will be tied down outside. We'll also need access to a rental car or be able to have Enterprise pick us up.

All feedback and recommendations welcome.

Brian

Cutter aviation at Colorado springs

I just stayed for five nights at Cutter aviation. They offered me a hanger for $50 a night but the weather was such that I just tied down outside. They had a Rent-A-Car waiting for me when I got there at a reasonable rate. I was pleased with their service.

KCOS

Both Colorado Jet Center and Cutter will treat you well. How long will you be there?
I would call them and explain exactly what you need. They sometimes have access to better rates than what may be available directly.
Cutter: 719-591-2065
Jet Center: 1-877-853-7523
I was there last month and borrowed a courtesy car from Co. Jet Center. A newer, low mileage Impala. Went over to the WW2 Museum (on the north end of the airport. It is absolutely worth your time if you can squeeze it in. The folks at the Jet Center were very helpful and polite. Cutter is the newer FBO and I think that there's a little competition going on for your business (always nice to see).
You'll probably be happy with either choice.

Or stay at KFLY

If your activities will keep you more on the NE side of town, fly into Meadow Lakes KFLY and tie down at American Aviation. Good LONG runway, reasonable self-serve gas price, cheap tie-down fee <$10. I?ve used them twice, great folks.

Thanks gentlemen. I called Cutter and they were very pleasant to work with. No tie down fees and reasonable hangar fees.

Brian

Back