What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ipad antireflective coating

C. Brenden

Well Known Member
I am planning to purchase an IPAD and see that the 10.5 inch model has an antireflective coating and the 9.7 inch does not.
Has any one tried both to compare if this is a big help in readability in the cockpit?
Is there an antireflective aftermarket cover that seems to work better than others?
Thanks

I have used an inexpensive anti glare screen protector on every iPad and iPhone that I have had.

Since June 2017, my iPad Pro 10.5 uses this screen protector and it appears to be a cheap brand that does what I need. That brand of screen protector has worked well for me at a reasonable price.

I thought the Ipad Pro has the best factory antireflective coating to date -vs- earlier Ipads?

So you have a Pro with this also attached?

I own a Ipad Pro 9.7 and its much better than my Ipad (3?) retina screen.

The iPad Air 2 has the anti reflective coating. I still ended up adding an anti reflective screen protector.

The best anti-reflective are MyGoFlight Armorglas. They are expensive but are much better than the cheaper one.

+1 on Armorglass. I have one on my iPhone 6+, Mini 1, and just put one on my new Mini 4. They now have an "EZ align" process which makes installation a snap. I have a crack on the edge of my mini 1 screen, but it stops at the screen protector. Makes the screens more readable in my tip-up 6A.
As always, YMMV.

Back