What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spurwink Farm fly in 7/8/18

rvator9a

Well Known Member
Putting a welcome out there to any VAFers interested in a pancake breakfast the second sunday in july. This is put on by EAA chapter 141. It is a beautiful location overlooking southern maine beaches. 2400 ft grass strip. Just under Portland maine airspace. It can get busy at times with parking along the runway, please use care

Calendar

This would make a great addition to the Calendar (See Header on this page). You?ll get more publicity because Doug picks up the Calendar items on his daily updates of the VAF News.

if you can make this event do it. great location, great eaa fund raiser. don't do any crazy flying there as one of our kind found out last year.
last year we were witness to an amazing sight. standing on the runway we watched a hawk and small bird doing this acrobatic fight demonstration just just 10 feet above us. both birds diving turning climbing as the little one looking as it was pestering the big bird continually. eventually the little guy disappeared. where did he go? like magic gone. :confused: no he had landed on the hawks back. :eek: his head was just behind the hawks head. :eek: like the hawk didn't even know he was there he kept flying above us. :roll eyes: it was the coolest thing ever. hope to see this pair again this year. :)

Great event I visited last year. Lots of entertainment. Are you flying a sling wing or RV Turbo?

looks like four people coming so fling wing will do. you want a fun ride in the r44? :)

Hey guys,

Sorry I can't make it again this year. In all likihood, I'll be in Alaska.

Enjoy the day and I will catch you another time.

:cool: CJ

So far the weather looks good for sunday 7/8/18. Welcome to all VAFers. Pancakes and sausage starting at 8AM.

It was a great day for a fly-in!! Weather was perfect. We had our busiest day yet. 73 planes and 3 helos. Thanks to any VAFers that showed. I didn't see much as I was flipping pancakes, but we really appreciate all that showed.

....and great pancakes they were too.

You might get some more people flying in from 1B8 next year.

Jim Sharkey

Back