What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH Drive in Fly in Camping

Bubblehead

Well Known Member
I'll be camping as usual in the Home Built Camping (HBC) area this year. I have a friend that will drive in and stay at my campsite with me. Only thing I can't figure out is where to leave my friends car? I guess they could park it at Fond du Lac and take the bus to OSH but that seems a little contorted. Maybe they could park in the main lot and pay each day.

I know the obvious thing is to have the friend camp in Camp Scholler and park the RV in home built parking but it is SO much more fun being in HBC, and I don't want to pay for two camp sites but only use one.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it with minimal hassle and at reasonable cost?

There is an ?overflow? parking lot adjacent to the ?West Gate? entrance to Scholler (a few hundred feet south of the registration entrance). I don?t recall what they charge, but it?s meant for those with extra cars, etc. I think those passes are available at Camp Scholler registration. It?s the ?S Lot? I believe.

Parking

What days are you looking for parking?

I am camping @ Camp Scholler but do not have a car. He can park it on my site if you want.

I plan on being there Sunday to Thursday

E

Exactly what Bob said. My buddy drove in and set up a tent under my wing in the Antique and Classis area a few years back. Parked his car in the S lot and hoofed it in. Worked out well.

ethand - great offer and very helpful. We have not made the final decision on dates yet.

NYTOM and bcondrey - I found the S lot on the map and it would be very handy.

I have two good options identified which is two more than I had this morning. Thanks everyone.

John

I checked with EAA and Lot S is the place to leave a car overnight if you are camping by your plane. Thanks again for the ideas from everyone. ethand, I'll let you know if the dates work out and maybe we can take you up on your generous offer.

My friend's son parked his van in H lot last year. It's just north of HBC along Bonzo. I don't know what he had to do for access. It sure was nice to have wheels to get off base.

Back