What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pirep on Honda Jet or NavAir

pa38112

Well Known Member
Any Vans Airforce members work for either company and can comment on work environment, career opportunities, etc. I friend's son has opportunities at both and is asking my opinion.

No personal experience but hear-say.
I attended the formation clinic that Team Aerodynamix put on a few years ago in NC.
There was a young guy there that had no plane but was having a good time getting some seat time with others. I spent some time talking with him between flights and he was with Honda Jet.
Apparently right our of college with no aviation background. He attended a job fair that Honda attended. They were looking for Auto or Honda Jet people.
He thought the jet job would be good. If I remember correctly they put him through flight training and employed him for a while before sitting him down and asking him to be part of the family. They expect employees to be forever.
He was living the dream as a test pilot in the initial certification stages of the program. This was a few years ago and as I remember it.
Seems like Honda would be a very good company to work for.

A friend of mine who moved from Minnesota to work at Eclipse and then HondaJet has been with Honda quite a while now. His screen name is pauldan181. I've lost track of him but a PM might reach him. He told me quite a while back it was great.

What job type?

I work at HAECO, a large MRO in Greensboro, next to Hondajet. There are a few guys at Honda on VAF that may chime in..I know a ton of their employees. Drop me a PM and I can give you some background.

Back