What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Portland Indiana - Antique Engine and Tractor Show

my hometown

Was raised in Portland. Graduated from HS 1963. The engine show started small and I watched it grow. What an amazing collection of old engines, tractors, and lots of vendors selling stuff.

Was raised in Portland. Graduated from HS 1963. The engine show started small and I watched it grow. What an amazing collection of old engines, tractors, and lots of vendors selling stuff.

It's a big show that stretches halfway across the town. A free shuttle from the airport to the show. Biplane airplane rides in progress to view the show from above. I would like to see the show at night when they have everything running and glowing. The food is all local. Best tomatoes I've had all year. I had the rib-eye sandwich and soft swirl ice cream. The rib-eye sandwich was $6.50. I recommend it.

Last edited:
Was nice to meet you Steve. Always nice to put a face with a Vafer.
49Clipper, Portland is hit and miss heaven. Everything from miniatures that you can hold in one hand to the monsters with 6ft dia flywheels that are so heavy they are barley legal to be transported on a public road.
The show is such a big deal that they actually let the kids out of school on Friday.
Now if we could just make a 300lb 1 1/2 hp engine work in an RV.....

Back