What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USA: Ohio

Places with good food on the field:

Urbana, Oh. - I74

New Philadelphia, Oh. - KPHD

Mansfield, Oh. - KMFD

Cincinnati Lunken - KLUK

Place where you can land and get a cab to Cedar Point Amusement Park:

Sandusky, OH. - KSKY

Place on the shore of Lake Erie, within walking distance of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

Cleveland Burke Lakefront - KBKL

Place to have fun and, if you're so inclined, drink plenty of adult BEvERages:

Put in Bay, Oh. - 3W2

I'll think of more... :)

KFDY - Rose Villa Restaurant

Rose Villa Restaurant is located across the
road from the Findlay Airport parking pad just north
of the FBO and refueling truck.
The pad is at the northwest corner of the airport.

The restaurant is open early A.M. Monday-Friday.
They open at 11 A.M. on Saturday and are closed
on Sunday. Good food. Phone # 419-424-9284

Last edited:
KPMH - Portsmouth

KPMH - Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport. Skyline Restaurant on field. Fuel price on Sunday is $1 less with cash ($3.7 vs $4.75).

Ted Chang
http://tc1234c.googlepages.com/
RV-9A, Lycoming (ECI) O320-D2A, 160 hp, Carb, Dual Mag, Sensenich FP
GRT dual DU H1, TT DigiFlight II VSGV, 187 hr Hobbs

I40

While stopping for cheap gas on my way to my hometown, (full serve $3.63 at Richard Downing, Coshocton Airport - I40 as of 6/23/07)...

a new outdoor restaurant/grill opened up. She said it was their first day and they'd be serving food on the weekends. The usual burgers, chips, ice cream, sodas (err pop if you're from that area, errr Coke if you're from Atlanta)... friendly bunch of folks and a nice little hangout on the weekends. They had about 4 or 5 tables set up with umbrellas.

The family flew to PHD this past weekend. The prime rib dinner was great! And the prices aren't bad either.

KBKL

Cleveland Burke Lakefront. Hornblower's is closed permanently. That's a pity. However the FBO will drive you to Karl's Inn to the Barristers on 3rd street, an excellent deli. It's an easy walk back past the football stadium and the Rock and Roll Museum and the USS Cod submarine and a great lakes ore carrier as a museum. Many other good restaurants in the area.

KTSO

Nice Cafe on the airport. Home-made food, pies. Not as good as 3NP in Michigan, but good. Worth the trip even from KDET.

MERFI Fly-In

Mid-Eastern Regional Fly-In

Grimes Field (I74), Urbana, Ohio

Saturday - Sunday, September 6-7, 2008

0700 - 1700

The 44th annual Mid-Eastern Regional Fly-In has a new home in Urbana, Ohio and everything that a great fly-in needs. From the B-17 restoration shop, Grimes Flying Lab museum to the beautiful large grounds right on field. Both asphalt and grass landing strips. Come and visit with friends and learn from our seminars and forums. Grimes Field is now hosts a wi-fi hot spot to keep you connected while attending. We will have a pancake breakfast each morning and we have an on-field Caf? and restaurant featuring homemade pies. Showers will be available. Enjoy your time amongst the homebuilt and vintage aircraft in beautiful southwestern Ohio. All aircraft types are welcome. www.merfi.com

urbanaohio.com

Jackson, Ohio

The James A. Rhodes Airport is planning a pancake fly-in to coincide with the Jackson County Apple Festival. Transportation will be provided to shuttle people to and from the airport to visit the festival which is downtown Jackson. Details are not concrete yet, but other entertainment and activities may be planned for the day as well. Any and all types of aircraft will be welcome, and fuel may be sold at a discounted rate for the weekend. The date is Saturday Sept 25th.

More info will be provided when available :)

Granny's Restaurant and the Bluebird Restaurant - TSO

Both of these are typical $100 hamburger spots, and both located near Carroll County (TSO). Granny's is on the field and the Bluebird is an easy 5 minute walk down a nice path. Granny's is famous for their pie, so save room! :) If you want to see more places to fly, check out my new free site dedicated to helping pilots find these places with less effort . www.onetankflights.com

Last edited:
Rose Villa Restaurant is located across the
road from the Findlay Airport parking pad just north
of the FBO and refueling truck.
The pad is at the northwest corner of the airport.

The restaurant is open early A.M. Monday-Friday.
They open at 11 A.M. on Saturday and are closed
on Sunday. Good food. Phone # 419-424-9284

The resturaunt is now up for sale :(

...and my friend Heather is the office Manager for the International Women's Air and Space Museum right there on field!

Stop in and say hello!

:) CJ

$5 landing fee. Nice terminal. Have your passenger keep a camera ready for the approach; great views of downtown area. It's a short walk to a number of attractions:

- Rock&Roll Hall of Fame
- Science museum
- USS Cod WWII submarine tour

Full write-up:

http://www.papagolfchronicles.com/2007/07/co-pilot-egg-and-tour-of-uss-cod.html

Van Wert Ohio

KVNW Van Wert County airport, Ohio. I landed there late in the evening unplanned. Great airport with long runway and excellent service.

1.jpg

Courtesy car is this van the size of NY MTA bus. :D

2.jpg

The key is inside the airport building coded with a 6 digits related to weather.
Lots of good hotels.

4.jpg

You will receive royal treatment from Tom airport manager and the only employee. Tom is a Vietnam helicopter pilot veteran he has a gyrocopter and an experimental rotary. Great guy! Stop by!

3.jpg

Back