- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Activity Specific > Trip Write-ups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2018, 10:12 AM

Default Canada visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSchmidt View Post
Hey, you were parked behind me!

Looks like an awesome trip touring around the US. We need to come to Canada and see it all, especially the northeast. I have not spent much time up there.
Now that I look at this picture I see the tail of your airplane, how could I have missed it? I'll have to confess that I didn't notice it that day I guess I was so focused on my problem that I didn't pay attention the planes around me.

Yes Scott you need to come and visit us here in Canada. I would love to be able to return the great hospitality you showed my Wife and my Sister and I back in 2011 when we visited Salt Lake.

Ottawa, our nations capital, is a great city to visit and Quebec City is not to be missed. The CN Tower in down town Toronto is not too far from here and of course Niagara Falls, both can be seen close up from a light airplane.

Dual GRT 8.4" EFIS, TT A/P, Avidyne IFD440, Dual EI's

Link to my build site:
https://ivankristensen.smugmug.com/B...ENTAL-aircraft
Old 09-18-2018, 12:06 PM

Default RV traveler extaordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Impressive! Thanks for writeup Ivan. Sorry to hear about your border crossing experience sometimes one gets tangled in the system I have my share too.

Those pictures of Mt Rushmore came out very good. I did a coast-to-coast run couple weeks ago we approached the Heads by the end of the day from the East. Very poor visibility toward the sun.

That parking by the red rocks at Monument Valley looks spectacular. Next time take a picture from the other side too. There is a Indian dwelling behind the fence and a butte far away makes a nice scene.
Vlad, I have been following your travels for several years, your exploits to places and lands far beyond are an inspiration to all of us. Keep it up we love reading about your adventures.
Dual GRT 8.4" EFIS, TT A/P, Avidyne IFD440, Dual EI's

Link to my build site:
https://ivankristensen.smugmug.com/B...ENTAL-aircraft