What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Matco nose gear axle

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Has Matco made deliveries from there second batch of axles yet? When I ordered, the day after Scott told us about the product, we were told 10 to 15working days. Haven't heard anything?
Ron

Also waiting

I ordered a couple of days after the post and was told it would be 4 to 6 WEEKS for delivery.

I received a "notice of payment" against my CC today, I assume that means they have shipped (I did not receive a shipping notice).

I also ordered the day after Scotts post------first day they were on the market.

The guy I spoke to said there were already 5 orders ahead of me, and that the initial production was only for 8---think it was 8---units, and wanted to know if I needed it right away, or could I wait.

As I am not yet flying, I elected to wait. As I recall the time was apx 6 weeks out.

They told me this..

I got this on January 19 via email:

Sir,
Your order has been received. The items are currently out of stock on the WHLAXLE24 and are expected to ship in 10-15 business days.

I just got a notice tonight via email that mine are being shipped - ordered about 3 weeks ago (or so).

Bob

When I got the billing notice today I gave them a call and yes they were trying to get the next batch out the door. Since I am from right down the road I just asked them to hold mine and I ran down and picked it up.

I got an email Friday saying mine had shipped and should be delivered on the 12th. Yesterday got another email with instructions for prepping parts prior to installation.

They got my order yesterday and gave me a 2-5 day ship estimate. I just got a notice today that my CC had been charged, so I'm guessing it might go out tomorrow.

Got Mine

Mine arrived today,the 10.

Not quite what I expected though, the radiused shoulder to fit the bearing is only on one side of the unit. I was expecting the adjustable collar/nut to have the same radius.

Otherwise a nice looking unit.

Mine came this week for the RV-10, but I won't need it for many, many months, so if someone wants.needs it now, just let me know. Same price + $5 shipping.

Vic

Installed

I just installed the new axle, piece of cake.

I washed off the rubber seal face with brake clean to insure a good grip, and put it all together.

I was surprised at how much tension it took to grip the seal/bearings to prevent rotation, had to mount the unit in the fork to hold the axle while I tightened the nut.

Also surprised at the amount of drag on the wheel-----I may end up taking it out, and removing one lip on the seal like is mentioned in the instructions as an option.

All in all, easy task, took half an hour or so.

I did not use the #7 drill through the threaded hole in the axle to align the antirotation bolt hole, I put both spacers on the main axle bolt and drilled through them both as a jig.

Matco Nose Gear

Gary,
I don't know the difference but you can come over and see mine and give it a spin. I put the new Matco axle on my 10.
Dave Moore

Back