What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Computer Paint Template

pilot28906

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of any template for the computer that allows you to change colors of the Vans aircraft to determine which color to use for paint? I have worked some with the templates in the build manual but that's a lot of coloring with crayons.:eek:

Thanks,

You mean like a vectorized graphic that you can use Adobe Illustrator or some CAD type program to mess with? I previously searched for an RV-10 graphic with no luck. Ended up just drawing over it with Illustrator.

This Might Help

You can download a 3-view from Vans site and then color using different programs. Once done you can cut it out and glue like I did on the link below.

Using AutoCAD eventually built a paper model that I cut and glued, it is also shown on the link as the work progressed.

A friend then did a complete model of the RV-6 using my paint graphic, he also did a Black and white version for coloring using different graphic programs.

Here is the place to get started: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=164450

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

Back