What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to get coolant, oil, etc.

BigJohn

Well Known Member
Looking ahead to first engine start. Where have you guys purchased your "consumables"? Is there a good online place to order from?

Best prices often depend heavily on shipping charges and sometimes you may also want to consider how long it will take for the package to reach you. If I remember right, "Skygeek" often has low prices, and I beleive they are in your general area.

erich

Where to get coolant, oil and etc.

John,

Go to your local NAPA store. They carry dexcool coolant. They also carry motorcycle oil in Castrol, Lucas and Valvoline brands. If you want to use Aeroshell Sport oil you can order direct from Shellaviationstore.com or from your local FBO

See Rotax SI-912-016 which which deals with engine fluids. It lists approved oils. I suspect there are others out there that meet their requirements but are not on the list. I've been using AV-9, a semi-syn from CPS for 200 hours, which is not on the list.

What the SI specifically does do is list some oils such as Castrol Power 1 and Castrol GPS which are specifically not approved.

Back