What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cudos to all Military Veterans

I'd like to dedicate my first ever post on this forum to my Uncle Charles. An Army Air Corps Pilot, he flew the B-24 Liberator in the South Pacific during WWII. He made the ultimate sacrifice at the young age of 22. Charles, in his short lifetime, did more than anyone else to inspire me to follow in his footstep as an aviator, both military and civilian. Even now, in the proud ranks of the RV builders, and hopefully in the not too distant future, an RV owner, I still think of him often. Especially on this day in November, when he is honored, as are so many others, for his sacrifice.

Hey Mike

Mike,
Welcome to the forum. Glad you posted on V day. Lots of history there... and Kudos are well deserved. Have fun on the site. Nick (Army- 1970's)

Welcome to VAF!

Mike, welcome aboard the goods ship VAF.

Ditto on what the Nick said.

I fly with my Dad's wings

My Dad flew Corsairs and Hellcats in WWII. He arrived in the South Pacific just as the Japanese surrendered so he never saw any combat. I have his Navy wings mounted on my glareshield right in front of my face for luck. Myself, I was drafted during the Vietnam years but spent that war saving the world from German beer :D

Last edited:
Just saw Hacksaw ridge. My grandfather served as a Landing craft driver during the invasion of Okinawa. Wow! What a new appreciation for those who served and gave their all in wartime for our freedom. Thanks to all who served!

Last edited:
Back