What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel filter mandatory by the MD-RA??

Closterman

I'm looking in the "Final insperction" document of the MD-RA and on the "Fuel system" section, item #3, the question are : Does fuel tanl have a finger screen at the outlet?

Do I need to add a fuel filter between the wing and fuselage ?? Van's don't put any filter here and I don't really want to make any change on the fuel system for nothing....

Thanks for your help !

No change required. The fuel pickup is what they are referring to, and it has slots or a screen.

You MUST, however, have a gascolator.

The tanks should have finger strainers in place. If they are quick build then I am sure that they are there. There is no requirement for a "filter" in the system but you do, in Canada, require a gascolator. The "blue" model that Van's sells is a good unit with a built in screen.

Fuel Filter Mandatory

Hi Martin:

They made me put a finger screen on the fuel pick up tube in the tank, I had the tube with the end pinched and slots cut in it. They would not accept this.

They also made me put a bonding wire from the fuel gas cap ring to the inboard end of the tank. This has to be connected to the ground system of the airframe.

I shook my head and did it

Terry.

Back