What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh

WISC

Well Known Member
I desire to take my son to Oshkosh this year. It will be the first time for both of us. He is 10. We are going to drive. I plan on being there for 2 nights. If you could only attend for 3 days what days would you attend?
We plan on camping with my truck. Thank you.

Best 3 Days

This will be my fourth year to go.
I've attended different days.
Every day is great, but I would recommend Mon, Tues, Wed as my first choice.
Just go and you will enjoy it.
Have fun!

Osh

This will be my fourth year to go.
I've attended different days.
Every day is great, but I would recommend Mon, Tues, Wed as my first choice.
Just go and you will enjoy it.
Have fun!

For sure Mon-Wed including the Mon night concert and Wed night airshow.
Get there early Mon morning to get your wrist bands for all three days then go to the Jeppeson building before 9am each day for free hats and rain panchos. Ford also gives out freebies. Truck camping should be fun.

Mon-Wed if you to look at RV's. Thursday morning is often an RV parade to the departure runway.

As has been said, try and catch one of the night airshows. We always bring bicycles with us to make getting from your camping spot to the flight line easier.

Try and spend at least an afternoon at the museum if you have not been. Your son will love it.

Terry

Mon-Wed if you to look at RV's. Thursday morning is often an RV parade to the departure runway.

Yep, what Dan said.

In addition, if you want to meet the beer fairy, she usually is there early week.

Tanya and I are usually Mon-Thurs. Last year we did the whole week for the first time. That worked well but we were ready to depart. This year, external forces dictate that we step way out on a limb and do Sun-Wed. Can't wait! It is always a milestone on the calendar in our house when the date is getting closer rather than further.

My son is six and this well be his seventh OSH. (Yes, my wife has been with me every year since he was born.)

Make sure you take your son to KidVenture. They do a lot for the kids and 10 is the perfect age. The museum is also well done.

As for looking at planes, there are still parts of OSH that I haven't seen. Maybe this year.

Make sure to walk the HBC section, there are a lot really nice planes in that area and many people miss it.

The Seaplane base is also a good time.

Back