What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pressure Alarm Point

MartySantic

Well Known Member
Has anyone else noticed that either the Dynon Revision 5.4 update file or the Van's locked update file for 5.4 has changed the fuel pressure alarm points.

The new settings appear to be:

FUEL ALARM SETTINGS

Top Red - 6.0
High R/Y - 5.8
High Y/G - 5.0
Low G/Y - 3.0
Low Y/R - .7
Bottom R - 0 .0

Appears as though the alarm point for low pressure has been changed from 2.0 psig to 0.7 psig.

Was it the Dynon update or the Van's update?? Many have received low fuel pressure alarms. Is this the fix?

Last edited:
My fuel pressure became erratic after a few flight hours, tripping alarm consistantly. Removing, cleaning and reinstalling pressure sensor connectors resulted in rock solid fix.

Mine is typically solid, but, on occasion, upon reducing the throttle has dipped below the 2 psig alarm point.

Fuel Pressure Alarm Points

Howard,
I'm glad to see that cleaning the contacts on the Fuel Pressure Sensor solved the problem with the erratic pressure readings.

Maybe you could make some new threads on the forum about the subjects we talked about when you came up here - Control Sticks, Gascolator, Flaperons and Trim Wire Connections.

Have you seen the thread on correcting a heavy right wing?

Art Pennanen

Has anyone else noticed that either the Dynon Revision 5.4 update file or the Van's locked update file for 5.4 has changed the fuel pressure alarm points.

The new settings appear to be:

FUEL ALARM SETTINGS

Top Red - 6.0
High R/Y - 5.8
High Y/G - 5.0
Low G/Y - 3.0
Low Y/R - .7
Bottom R - 0 .0

Appears as though the alarm point for low pressure has been changed from 2.0 psig to 0.7 psig.

Was it the Dynon update or the Van's update?? Many have received low fuel pressure alarms. Is this the fix?

I am one of those with fuel pressure alarm being triggered and wondering if anyone has confirmed with Vans/Dynon that we can reset the Low Y/R to .7 to fix this problem no matter what Dynon config one is running.

John s/n 317

Back