What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Armrest/Door Pull?

Sandrews

Well Known Member
Armrest/Door Pull?

Working on door fitment with the MC doors seals. Going pretty good then I decide to trial fit the door lift strut. Now the back of the door is having trouble being pulled in due to the force of the strut. Thinking an armrest/door pull sure would be helpful. Anyone fabbed one up?

Thanks

I put in a simple horizontal strap, large enough to get all your fingers thru. Located well aft of the door handle so you pull in the aft part of the door. Also have a free hanging strap attached to the aft end of the horizontal strap, so I can pull the door down when seated.

Any pics of your setups? Considering cutting out a section on the inner portion of the door to get to the backside to install nut plates. Considered rivnuts but I don't think there's enough material there to secure to.

Any pics of your setups? Considering cutting out a section on the inner portion of the door to get to the backside to install nut plates. Considered rivnuts but I don't think there's enough material there to secure to.

I used rivnuts to anchor the screws for my pull down straps -- they work just fine.

35212652783_687e369b1c_b.jpg

Did you do any additional building up around the rivnut? With the thinness of the fiberglass I'm not crazy about expecting a rib not to hold.

Did you do any additional building up around the rivnut? With the thinness of the fiberglass I'm not crazy about expecting a rib not to hold.

Nope. Then again it's not like I'm really honking on the straps as the force required to overcome the strut and bring the door down isn't all that significant. And They aren't used to seat the door for latching. I only pull on the door handle to do that.

Back