- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-6/6A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2017, 01:28 PM

900 hrs?
Spark- How is mag timing? Has the 500 hr mag inspections been performed?

Fuel- Any difference with & without boost pump on? Checked fuel primer lines and connections?

Carb- overhaul cost shouldn't be factored in, get it done!
One rare but possible cause- There is an old AD out on Marvel MA-4 carbs dealing with the lean mixture valve rotating in the bottom of the fuel bowl, although not applying to clone carbs, can happen as it did to me on a O-360. Depending on the valve movement in the fuel bowl housing, would either cause an over lean or over rich condition depending of throttle set & would either starve or flood the engine. The clone carb on my engine was a new AStar unit.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:52 AM

Default Engine Quit Below 1200 RPM

After talking with Marvel, I replaced carb with an overhauled unit through Aircraft Spruce. Engine runs just fine from 600 on up.
Marvel said idle circuit probably was clogged from corrosion inside carb from water getting in it. As with most airplane stuff, money will fix anything!