What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT-TT4 discontinued?

Ron Lee

Well Known Member
I was just looking at it again and noticed that it is discontinued. Is there another unit that is a transceiver (to pick up other APRS units in flight?)

I was just looking at it again and noticed that it is discontinued. Is there another unit that is a transceiver (to pick up other APRS units in flight?)

Kenwood makes two APRS radios, a mobile and a handheld ( D710 and TH-d7e) which will work well with an Avmap GPS display receiver. Scott from ARGENT DATA has a transceiver too, but its a little less user friendly than the Kenwoods. He has a converter cable that lets it run well with the Nuvi 300, which is discontinued, but there is some supply left out there. Yaesu is also building APRS radios now too.

We dropped the MT-TT4 for a couple of reasons, the principal one being slow sales and long lead times on custom parts. High on our to-do list is a high-power version of the MT-TT4 with frequency agility, plus the other TT4 bells and whistles (telemetry, remote LCD, ps/2 keyboard, dispenses ice cold beer, etc)

Allen
VHS

Thanks Allen, I will wait. Can I assume that I can have the new unit (if it is marketed), dispense cold soda instead of beer?

Back