What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Duplex fuel valve

Barneybc12d

Well Known Member
33x78ms.jpg
b

Has anyone installed a duplex fuel valve in a 14? Any pictures?
This is a picture of the right side fuel line. The hole with a center hole in the above picture seems to be intended for a return line.

33x78ms.jpg
b

Has anyone installed a duplex fuel valve in a 14? Any pictures?
This is a picture of the right side fuel line. The hole with a center hole in the above picture seems to be intended for a return line.

Although there is no mention of this in the plans that we could find..this does appear to be the case.

Here are some pictures of a duplex installation that was done months ago on a customer RV-14.

Happy building,
Steve
Duplex%201.jpg

Duplex%202.jpg

Duplex%203.jpg

Duplex%20complete.jpg

Dumb Question

I have limited piston experience. What is a duplex fuel valve, and return line?
Thanks.

Some fuel injection systems require that you flow more fuel than needed; the excess needs to be returned to the tank that it came from. So the fuel selector needs to switch both the line to the engine, and the return line.

Some fuel injection systems require that you flow more fuel than needed; the excess needs to be returned to the tank that it came from. So the fuel selector needs to switch both the line to the engine, and the return line.

Thanks Bob.
I'm not quite to that stage yet, but something I'll have to get "smart" on later.

Barney--
Steve and I have several clients with duplex systems, a couple of which are still testing some, "custom" components. Yep, alot of tubing involved!
Tom

Thanks for the pictures Steve. I see a pile of misbent tubing in my future.

Barney,

We don't offer it as a standard package. But, we do have all the dimensions and cad drawings to replicate that installation. We utilize a computerized tubing bender and are able to offer complete drop in rigid components for the -14. With that said, the duplex install is a bit different and we only did the lines from the valve to the wings. We don't have any other dimensions.

On the standard -14 installation with the included Andair non duplex valve, we have the complete drop in kit for all rigid tube components in the cabin.

Have a great week and if you have any questions about the install or things the customer did, please feel free to contact us.

Back