What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 28-11 Revisions

cwharris

So I have a question. I was about to start on my part F-01435A from page 28-11 Rev.2 when I noticed that on the Rev.1 drawing the part looks totally different. The part that I actually have looks like the one on the Rev.1 drawing. The part on the Rev.2 drawing has the extra cut out. Should I contact Van's and have them send me the Revised F-01435A Rev.2 part?

2j0jz3s.jpg

18elhy.jpg

FWIW I messed up my left half of this part while deburring the center holes and called to reorder one. Anne said they are in production and are 4-6 weeks out and this was about a week ago. Looks like I will get the "new" design and will have a unique Rv-14 as the right half is already riveted in place and I'm not drilling it out unless there is a SB or good reason to.

I just put mine in a couple weeks ago. The center part took some long-armed ingenuity - I wonder if it was changed just to make life easier or if it was some sort of original omission.....

Back