- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > ADS-B
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2018, 08:49 AM

Default Kudos

I want to take time out to thank Bob Leffler. In trying times, an individual will often step forward to help those in need. I see tech support from the back end, since I work for Dallas Avionics. We are trying hard to make right what Navworx made wrong. Bob is helping those who are still trying to work around the bad GPS receiver chip set. The combinations of black boxes and hence, serial data streams becomes increasingly complex... exponentially.
I see posters here who are brand new.... and struggling for information. We need to recognize the effort of those who do it purely from an altruistic drive.
Thanks Bob.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:00 AM

MW,

Port 2 has not ever worked (regardless of whether it was configured as 232 or wifi)...supposed to be a fix in 5.0(don't hold your breath).

Getting the three Green Ready for flight indicates that you are getting position from your 480 while getting squawk and altitude from your SL-70. What baud rate are you running the SL-70 at and is it configured in the NavWorx box as SL-70R? The reason I ask this question specifically is from my installation, the SL-70R configuration (Extended output and 9600baud) is the only one that will receive changes to the squawk code from the transponder. I had been working with NavWorx on this issue prior to them shuttering operations...running the transponder at 9600Baud prohibits it from communicating altitude data to my MX-20 - I'm working around that by replacing my Alt Encoder with a serial capable ACK A30.9.

I have the MX-20 instead of the GMX200 - but they should be similar... My MX-20 is configured to receive GDL90 UAT Radio on port 4. Are you using both the transmit and receive 422 pairs? I would ring out the wiring for the GMX200 - ADS600B interconnect...at one point I had one itty-bitty shield wire touching one of my signal wires and it went intermittent on me.

With the exception of the ADS600B/SL-70/MX20 interoperability mismatch, mine works well - I get traffic and weather on my MX-20 and traffic on my 430W.