What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fly-by before the Flagler Beach Airshow

tc1234c

Well Known Member
Yesterday (Sunday, 3/29) we were invited to make a few formation passes before the Flagler Beach airshow (Wings Over Flagler) at 11:45. Eight airplanes from my flight showed up at the Tree (Spruce Creek Airport). After a quick briefing to determine the position, etc. we headed to Flagler Beach airport. My tailcam recorded the fly-by. After the break we taxied in in front of the flight line and were treated a lunch at the VIP tent. We also participated in the mass fly-off at the end of the show. It was a beautiful but bumpy day, but we all had fun.

Click below to view he video:

Lead: Connie/Cherokee 180, wings: Lynn/Stinson, Dave/Super Decathlon, Kubes/Lynx, Mike/Dova Skylark, Craig/RV6, Ted/RV9A, Dan/Cherokee 140.
(We have 17 FAST card holders in the flight and are used to dissimilar airplane formation flights.)

Last edited:
Driving down I-95 just before dusk and saw it!! Also saw what looked like a formation of Yaks...

I had my fiance and her 87 YO father in the car. He was a pilot, had a beautiful Cherokee 180 at one time. He now has severe macular degeneration and hearing loss. But still he looked out the window of the car, saw the images of a formation, and flew once again!!!

I used to be based at XFL when it was X47. The tower people are great. We fly there often for lunch at Hi Jackers.

Back