What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Storage of Canopy

FresnoR

Well Known Member
I finally received my Finishing kit!

Until the time comes where I can install the canopy, I need a place to store it. What has everyone done to temporarily store your untrimmed canopy so that it remains protected and out of the way?

Any clever ideas?

Especially now that the weather is cooling, my paranoia is in full force about the fragility of the plastic, and although I am working on the frame right now, I hate to rush and get careless.

I uncrated everything and then put the canopy back into the original crate and closed it up for about 4 months until I was ready for it.

bird

Hung from ceiling

I covered the plastic, both sides, then hung it from the ceiling. I hang the wings there when I am not working on them too. That is what the other ropes are for.
canopy.jpg
[/IMG]

After I trimmed the canopy and made the big cut, I glued (sikaflex) the canopy to the frame, then put it all back in the original shipping crate for winter storage.

Mine traditionally lives under the covers IN the spare bed in the spare bedroom!

After uncrating the finishing kit, I took the crate and set it upright on the wall. I made hinged doors and a shelf in it. Stood the canopy on it's "nose" inside and bungeed it to the wall. Makes for a very nice storage cabinet...

I know someone who made it her living room coffee table. You have to be careful where you put the coffee though.

I know someone who made it her living room coffee table. You have to be careful where you put the coffee though.

I suppose I could put it on the roof of my shop for the rain season and cover that leak

rafters

I put mine in the rafters on the top of the crate it came in and put the bottom of the crate upright and put three shelves in it against the wall.

Back