What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Slider Panel to Subpanel Distance

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me the distance between the back of the panel to the front surface of the subpanel? Also are the bottom edges in the same plane?

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to mount my fuse blocks. My current thinking is a hinged panel on each side that mounts the hinges to the bottom of the subpanel with quick release screws to the panel flange with some sort of appropriate bracketry.

I actually have the affordable panels modular panel, but I can figure it out based upon the standard panel dimensions.

On my 9 (should be the same), I just measured the distance as 8.5". With the respect to the bottom edges, the subpanel appears to be about .75" shorter than the panel, so the bottom is not in the same horizontal plane, it is slightly higher. Hope that helps,

Chris

Wait

Why not wait till you have the panel installed, or at least fit and see the lay of the land? Things will probably change. I didn't mount my hot buss fuse panel till the panel was nearly complete.

Somebody once recommended that I mount everything that I had little to no choice where it was going to go and then mount the other stuff after that. Turned out to be good advice.

Thanks for the help on the dimensions. Sorry us engineers just have to do a lot of planning ahead of time. :D Actually I have time away from my main build location so I can work on the panel then.

Why not wait till you have the panel installed, or at least fit and see the lay of the land? Things will probably change. I didn't mount my hot buss fuse panel till the panel was nearly complete.

Somebody once recommended that I mount everything that I had little to no choice where it was going to go and then mount the other stuff after that. Turned out to be good advice.
^Words of wisdom. I just had to relocate a fuse box when I found that it and the connector for the EFIS were trying to occupy the same space. :eek:

More panel spacing help.

Ok continuing down this path of attempting to do some wiring of the panel or at least some of the prep work. Can some one give me the distance from the rear of the panel to the firewall for an RV7. This doesn't have to be extremely accurate within a 1/4" is probably fine for my needs. I'd like to be able to figure out the length of my ground wires.

Thanks

Back