What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing stuff....

db9469

I recently purchased a partially completed -6. (Thanks to Mel for pointing me in the right direction.) Through careful inventory I have noticed a few things missing from the kit. One thing that is bothersome is the missing drawings. I found that on Drawing 21, Wing-Misc, for the wing skin rivet pattern it refers you to SK46-SK53. I dont seem to have these. Should I order a set of preview plans from Vans? Also, I don't have wheels with my kit. It is a 1995 kit. Did the wheels even come with these kits or did you have to purchase them seperately? Any and all response is greatly appreciated.

The sketches (SKxx) were generally in the builder's manual at the back of each section just before the photos. The wheels came with the finishing kit, along with the engine mount, cowling, canopy, etc. But not to worry; if you already have the finishing kit but some things are missing, you can always order the missing stuff piecemeal.

I pulled out my RV6 build manual from '93 I show SK47 as fuel tank skin hole pattern, SK49 as Top outboard wing skin hole pattern, and SK51 as Bottom outboard wing skin hole pattern. SK53 is the Aileron hole pattern. These are fold outs, they will be behind the pics.

Get this... Memories here, I also located My Emp Kit shipping letter from Van's. Actually signed by Van himself.

Dear Mr. Reiley:

"We shipped your RV6/6A Emp Kit via motor freight on 04/12/93."

What a difference a few years makes... Motor Freight Emp Kits! :eek:

I recently purchased a partially completed -6. (Thanks to Mel for pointing me in the right direction.) Through careful inventory I have noticed a few things missing from the kit. One thing that is bothersome is the missing drawings. I found that on Drawing 21, Wing-Misc, for the wing skin rivet pattern it refers you to SK46-SK53. I dont seem to have these. Should I order a set of preview plans from Vans? Also, I don't have wheels with my kit. It is a 1995 kit. Did the wheels even come with these kits or did you have to purchase them seperately? Any and all response is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I've still got some left over fiberglass pieces and an extra set of undrilled elevator horns I found in the garage to boot. If you need a measurement and you can't find the sketch let me know.

Back