What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch and 430W - transferring flight plans

AlexPeterson

Well Known Member
Greetings,

Does anyone here have this setup? If so, can you create a flight plan on the G3X and then send it to the 430w?

I can create flight plans on the tablet, and send to both the G3X and 430W via Connext. I can modify a FPL on the 430W, and it will send to the G3X and the tablet. I can create a FPL on the 430W and it will propagate to the G3X. Software is up to date.

What I cannot figure out how to do is create a FPL on the G3X and get it to the 430W. It turns out this is the one thing I really want the system to do!

Has anyone done this? If so, it'd be great to get a detailed sequence of steps or configurations.

Thanks -

Greetings,

Does anyone here have this setup? If so, can you create a flight plan on the G3X and then send it to the 430w?

I can create flight plans on the tablet, and send to both the G3X and 430W via Connext. I can modify a FPL on the 430W, and it will send to the G3X and the tablet. I can create a FPL on the 430W and it will propagate to the G3X. Software is up to date.

What I cannot figure out how to do is create a FPL on the G3X and get it to the 430W. It turns out this is the one thing I really want the system to do!

Has anyone done this? If so, it'd be great to get a detailed sequence of steps or configurations.

Thanks -

Hello Alex,

I just did this on one of our G3X Touch kiosks we are getting ready to ship to SNF and it worked fine, but it has a GTN 750 instead of a GNS 430W.

With Internal flight planning selected, press Menu from the flight plan page and the "Send to GTN" button initiates the transfer.

oc1Pm5OF-wCirnZjNo2xIMpv5PXfYDrTgoR8ygX5cQCOJKA1fonHvczdfbf9bNDZUTLdEUQZbauRTeaVH0QJRB-dCBHbdnJEK2UORbTNSwa10qdMX__1UZMYiExef30K7qVuBvT2066z_XxaUoIH6K6C2Wev-BNhHfyJu6aPrydmrjK5JR-Xw8PU39qSAcrbqNm9ApzB5Ggo1ECmZZvB_9iUwHVnhRQvLXQFL2eggdHeHb6OZGs9Y4pQn90bcu0o7b5YiOaTesYdQZk8uDWXm0FCyIiRfNtKwG4ksjIEfOKx06cQCD6r_IQUeCZ2LUlmWv5H_n9dH-GXX1CAxB5sADk_zE0Bf5NQVxS5gI-ejN7M7EA0bPzhwy0VvUh0_upyfKZ-woJ-InnTdWLNxLzfrJs-b3t4m8ayNOWb2tpaoGkY9SJumECUQnNnmkzzl8ScdMayh0fXIjG29UQV_8FbPclE0mingquaDB7L0iqHh_x1yStggcjAkmo848Ib_fVDlMHO5me5lQ3Ue23iLK4SgJZKzCWLFQKhOGG9CHoVGF-sjqVwhVV7oow8GHmc3BCZvR0awAwmcc6AiLZ39KD34eBxRXxG4l3kat29JtJ4GLdKmLljVUWB=w507-h550-no

I see from the screen shots you sent us that you don't have the "Send to GNS" button, so we need to figure out why.

We will re-test this with a GNS 430W and make sure everything is still working as it should.

Thanks,
Steve

Update?

Is there any update on this?

Can a flightplan be edited on a G3X touch? Are there any limitations, comparedvto what you can do on a GTN x50? And does it matter where the flight plan originated (GTN or G3X or portable?)

This was fixed with a software update (G3X Touch) maybe in the summer time frame.

There is still a quirk: if you are in the air with no flight plan, and do a direct-to from the G3X, meaning no originating waypoint, it won't load to the GNS 430. I don't know if this quirk is intentional or if it exists with the newer navigators, either.

Back