What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wingtip Incandescent Bulb Replacement

fbrewer

Well Known Member
Here is a picture of the wingtip light on our RV-6

Wingtip-Lights.png

I believe this is the old W-415 light kit -- not sure.

The aft shining white light is broken (it is removed in the picture). Any idea where I can find replacements?

Here is an out of focus picture of the bulb.

aft-white-light.png

light

that appears to be a Whelen A600 light assembly. Rear bulb is part number A-508-14 for a 12 volt electrical system. Cost at Aircraft spruce is $60.00. Quick search found Interlight selling for $15.00.
Best of luck
David

SKU: AL-508-3180, $28 for each LED, if you wish at Aero-lites

Hey Moose,

Thanks for the tips. When I look at the aero-lites website, it has a warning for the "Tailfin Assembly"

The light assembly I have is the Whelan A600. The A600 has a nav light in front (red or green), a strobe in the center, and a white light aft.

Since the website says (regarding the AL-508-3180), "For WINGTIP Installation ONLY" -- can I assume this part will work and the warning about the strobe does note apply?

that appears to be a Whelen A600 light assembly. Rear bulb is part number A-508-14 for a 12 volt electrical system. Cost at Aircraft spruce is $60.00. Quick search found Interlight selling for $15.00.
Best of luck
David

David,

Thanks for the help, yes I can now see the unit is the Whelen A600 light assembly.

I like the pilotlights find! I use their nav lights.

The tail strobe with white steady incandescent is small and hot.

The white, color, strobe tip assembly has more spacing.

I would get 2 $13 white leds and the green and red 2 pack for $40. Tell them what you need, they will help get the bases correct

Will save you about 4 amps of load.

ETA- watch out for you colored hemisphere glass covers, nothing is holding them on in the photo but friction!

Last edited:
Back