What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

(Virtual) Hangar Visit

NovaBandit

Well Known Member
After reading Doug's idea in the "RV Type Club" thread about having virtual club meetings, and seeing what EAA's Brady Lane is doing with his web-casted Bearhawk build, I'd like to give something a shot.

Google Plus has something called Hangouts. Basically, it's a very simple to use group video chat that supports up to 9 people. All you need is a webcam and an internet connection.

Just for fun, I'm going to create a hangout this evening while I'm fiddling with my elevators. I'll make it open to the public so even people that I don't have in a circle (Google Plus's version of a group of friends) will be able to join.

So please join in! I'd like to meet more of you guys, and this is the best (non text based) way to do some hangar flying I can think of short of actually being there.

My Google Plus page is here, or you can just search Google plus for Ed Kranz. Add me to a circle, as I'd like to get an RV builders circle together.

Hope to see you tonight!

Teamspeak

UHHHHHH DUHHHHH!!!!!!

Im confused why I havent thought of this earlier......

Is having a dedicated Teamspeak server something that others would be into? Then RV'ers can come and go as they please but on the teamspeak channels!

Different rooms could be for different things like
-Hangar Talk
-Builder in need of advice
-Executive Sweet
-Flying
-RV-1,3,4....
-Airshows etc..

It's a thought! :D

Oooooo-K. That didn't work.

It seems that when you open a hangout to the world, the world comes and hangs out with you. That would be great, except:

1. None of the people that stopped in spoke English.
2. They weren't airplane people.

So, I'm going to try again, but I'm going to have to limit it to people in my circles. Add me on google plus, and I'll add you back.

It's 6:45 Central now, and I'll just leave the hangout open as long as I'm working in the shop tonight.

Great seeing your progress and I really think a Trans-Am paint scheme would stand out !

Thanks for the quick RV-10 parts lesson too.

How did it go?

I was at dinner while you were online, how did it go?

I may have to haul my laptop to the garage and give it a try myself while I work on the left elevator.

Oooooo-K. That didn't work.

It seems that when you open a hangout to the world, the world comes and hangs out with you. That would be great, except:

1. None of the people that stopped in spoke English.
2. They weren't airplane people.

So, I'm going to try again, but I'm going to have to limit it to people in my circles. Add me on google plus, and I'll add you back.

It's 6:45 Central now, and I'll just leave the hangout open as long as I'm working in the shop tonight.

Back