What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

APRS Art/Geometry

Vlad

Well Known Member
If you are bored and there is nowhere to go just fly. :D

Triangle.png

Vlad, if you're really bored you could add a big "S" (for SuperVlad" of course) to that first one.

I'll be happy to do it for you, just give me a couple years to finish all these pesky rivets and stuff.

Vlad, if you're really bored you could add a big "S" (for SuperVlad" of course) to that first one.

I'll be happy to do it for you, just give me a couple years to finish all these pesky rivets and stuff.

You have two years Dave. Hurry up! Nice blog at botkin.org :)

Geometric skywriting

Vlad,

That's awesome, but I was thinking about how much gas you burned with your skywriting!

Allen VHS/Byonics
Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

Boeing's already beaten you to it, Vlad... Check out their shameless bit of self-promotion during ETOPS testing of the 787!

At least someone at Boeing had a sense of humour approving that flight plan. :D

RV Crop Circles...myth or reality? :D

Did you take that Navy transplant with you? ;)

Cheers,
Bob

Do you own oil wells?

Vlad,
I just hope you never get caught stealing all the avgas.

Jim

Vlad you did an awsome job with our Vodka bottle. A new challange. Our new Small Batch Whiskey came out last week. The bottle shape is a little different. Maybe you can try this one too! YOU ARE AN AMAZING ARTIST! NO AUTOPILOT! ONLY HAND FLY!!

29mr37s.jpg

Last edited:
Jeff - I'm interesting in a visit and being "put to work" (but I'm not likely the aerial artist that Vlad is :)

A Local NW pilot, Lynol Amero, flew a complicated track a couple of years ago and downloaded his flight track to Google maps...

cyber_gps.jpg

Vlad 2014

If you zoom out from Vlad's individual "geometries" things look a lot less geometric and more Salvador Dali ...

I will do it Jeff after Xmas

Vlad you did an awsome job with our Vodka bottle. A new challange. Our new Small Batch Whiskey came out last week. The bottle shape is a little different. Maybe you can try this one too! YOU ARE AN AMAZING ARTIST! NO AUTOPILOT! ONLY HAND FLY!!

29mr37s.jpg

Complex shape indeed with a lot detail Jeff. I need a cold MOA for that. Some airspaces here are not negotiable. :D

Russian/Italian food

Vlad If you have to fly and have no where to go you have hangar in Canada @ cse4 vodka and good food just give me a call

Vlad If you have to fly and have no where to go you have hangar in Canada @ cse4 vodka and good food just give me a call

Отлично! What could be better! Expect a call early February. Can you give me an aerial tour of Montreal in your new taildragger? :D

Taildrager

Importation should be done by february just pick up the phone and let me know you on the way. Dont forget to bring your girlfriend from AN2 picture :)

Time to call Guinness -- I think you may have set a world record for the most expensive line drawing of a hammer.

And to think, some people claim airplanes are only good for turning money into noise! :)

Time to call Guinness -- I think you may have set a world record for the most expensive line drawing of a hammer.

And to think, some people claim airplanes are only good for turning money into noise! :)

No need to call Ron I just picked up a keg of theirs to celebrate. Now thinking of what's next. A wrench or a whale? I don't have much free sky available here :D

"Wrench"

This one is for Mark who will be ferrying a ferry pilot back from ferrying 25DV to Maine :D

Love your precision!

Hi Vlad. My tracks are boring. Round trips to MD picking up or dropping my daughter off at school. I missed your wrench back in March. thanks!!

New exhibition

In the mood for a good wine.

Time to chop all ends.

One door closes another opens just need a right key :D

Direction for Turbo, Agent Orange and other mobsters.

Just a star not red.

And this is one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Wine Bottle in California

Vlad you need to come out west and draw a wine bottle pouring into you wine glass out east. Great stuff. Thanks for posting.

birdie

Rational vs Artisan artwork. Vlad the Artisan wins with artwork every time but I think I see a birdie in this one. And no, you can say anything bad about it because it's ARTWORK!

aprsbird.bmp

Interesting read Tom I do remember those days. Our theater was Mediterranean and we had very detailed maps of Italy, Turkey and Greece. Including command bunkers, airfields and radar sites. The target maps were available for study only couple hours before "Hour X" and had to be returned to a classified library right after war game was over. Good days of brainwashed youth! :D

To our favorite distillery in PA owned and operated by pilots and air traffic controllers.

How to spend an hour flying to a destination only 12 NM miles away.

Christmas postcard with the tallest tree in the world.

Just a bunny :D

I was asked to post some of my sky drawings. Here it goes hi Billy :D

Lazy eight.

Eiffel Tower and its ForeFlight version.

Drawn on First Man in Space Day.

Happy St. Patricks Day to my Irish friends! :)
I made three tries over a week to draw the shamrock and couldn't finish it. WX was moving in and I always ended up with disfigured leaf. This time I was lucky.

Time to clock out.

Back