What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Market Value

JPickrell

Sponsor
I am contemplating the sale of my '05 8 to make room for a new project. Would appreciate any insights you have out there as to the current RV8 market with regard to movement and price. (PM me if you wish)
Thanks much!
Jim Pickrell
RV8 N186JP

Tough market right now...

...many just dont have the $ for toys. You can do some research on the popular trading sights and come up with a range of asking prices against equipment lists and times. There is a huge variance.
I have seen asking prices from $70k - $130k in the last few months.

I have also seen that the sale takes much longer and prices start erroding to make a sale.

I am contemplating the sale of my '05 8 to make room for a new project. Would appreciate any insights you have out there as to the current RV8 market with regard to movement and price. (PM me if you wish)
Thanks much!
Jim Pickrell
RV8 N186JP

Hi Jim ,
post some pics and specs and you will be given a much better idea. I have seen 8"s that are really shoddy, and others like Dan Hortons that are absolute works of art. The prices can vary hugely.

In my recent experience....

...this not a good time to sell....it's a great time to buy, given the state of the economy.

Heck, a year and a half ago, you couldn't touch a -10 for under $200K, now they're going for $160K or less. In order to sell my well-equipped -6A, I had to go well under parts cost.

Regards,

Hi Jim,

Havn't seen or heard from you in a while.. Hope you are doing well.
Say it isn't so.. Selling your 8 ? What are you going to build to take it's place ?

All the best to you. Keep in touch.

Back