What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Series - RV/IAC Aerobatic Competition Standings

ronschreck

Well Known Member
Patric "Balls" Coggin is on a roll! Get this: Eleven competitors in the contest at the AF Academy last weekend and Balls not only takes first place but he does it with a score of 85.45%! But wait! His free sequence earned him a score of 87.97% (must have been the inverted spin) and he faced competition from two Pitts, an Extra, a MX2, a Yak 55M and assorted Decathlons. I have two words for you, Balls: MOVE UP. I'll see you in Intermediate very soon. Well done!

Thanks, Ron

It was an amazing weekend. Wagging in at 10k? MSL almost over the top Falcon Stadium was very unique. My 12 year old son flew out with me and was my crew chief for the weekend, strapping me in, cleaning the airplane up and helping me roll her around the ramp. As an extra special bonus, we took the win 20 years to the day of graduating from the Academy. Very fulfilling weekend to say the least.

I tweaked my free a bit for this competition and although it was a small sample size I like how it worked out, apparently the judges did too. Still has both upright (now 1 1/2) and a 1 turn inverted spin. My free had no outs which is a first for me this year, too.

Overall, I think all the scores were higher than I?ve seen from the Texas judges, but I also think the scores were fair. My goal is Top-3 at Nat?ls, we can talk about ?moving up? after that.

It was an amazing weekend. Wagging in at 10k? MSL almost over the top Falcon Stadium was very unique. My 12 year old son flew out with me and was my crew chief for the weekend, strapping me in, cleaning the airplane up and helping me roll her around the ramp. As an extra special bonus, we took the win 20 years to the day of graduating from the Academy. Very fulfilling weekend to say the least.

I tweaked my free a bit for this competition and although it was a small sample size I like how it worked out, apparently the judges did too. Still has both upright (now 1 1/2) and a 1 turn inverted spin. My free had no outs which is a first for me this year, too.

Overall, I think all the scores were higher than I?ve seen from the Texas judges, but I also think the scores were fair. My goal is Top-3 at Nat?ls, we can talk about ?moving up? after that.

You did it 50 years, to the day of MY graduation from the Academy! I celebrated just getting out of bed on that day.
I wish you the best at Nationals. I'll be rooting for you.

congratulations

Way to go Patric. Don't listen to Ron until after the Nationals. We're rooting for you, but the most important thing with competition is having fun. You've made us proud.;)
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
lower AL

That?s awesome Patric. Congratulations on a superb strong finish. You?re on your way to a good showing at Nationals. Keep the momentum going.

Back