What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jeppesen NAVDATA for GNS 430W

HSANTIBANEZ

Well Known Member
Hi, des any knos how to buy a database fron Jeppesen, if you try its home page now it is Boeing and i can not finf the way to buy it.

I see 450 bucks a year from garmin and 300 a year from jeppesen, did I miss something?

Well, it *used* to be cheaper. Maybe the prices have changed. I couldn't even *find* the prices on Jepp's new and "improved" webpage.

I see 450 bucks a year from garmin and 300 a year from jeppesen, did I miss something?

??? Last time I looked it was the other way around - $450/Jepp, $300/Garmin. For a while Jepp offered 1.5 years @ $450, but not now.
If you decide to change vendors, you will have to buy a new programming device to go between your computer and the memory card.

Well sum B**** .... in 5 minutes I can't find where I found the prices on either website :confused: Obviously well oiled machines we are working with

??? Last time I looked it was the other way around - $450/Jepp, $300/Garmin. For a while Jepp offered 1.5 years @ $450, but not now.
If you decide to change vendors, you will have to buy a new programming device to go between your computer and the memory card.

And don't forget to make sure you're comparing apples to apples. The Garmin bundle is for all 3 databases (Nav, Terrain and Obstacle), whereas I believe for Garmin (last time I used it, over 2 years ago), those were all separate purchases.

Well sum B**** .... in 5 minutes I can't find where I found the prices on either website :confused: Obviously well oiled machines we are working with

https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/support/pricing

US Database Bundle $449.00 Including Garmin Navigation, Obstacles, and Terrain databases.

But I never did find anything remotely like this on the Jepp, er, Boeing site. And who said Boeing acquiring Jepp would negatively impact the GA users?

I can't find it on the new Jepp (Boeing) site either. But I do see some on-line pilot shops are now offering it: e.g., <mypilotstore.com> has Jepp nav data (only) for a G4xxW for $440/yr, for the full lower 48 states.

Is it possible Jepp has decided to be a wholesaler, only?

Never did find Jepp pricing, and an email to their support email address went entirely unanswered.

Guess they really are just about supporting commercial aviation now...

I was on the phone with Jeppesen. Renewing during Osh and Snf will give you two free months. Credit for any remaining months. Includes both Faa and Jeppesen approach plates. :)

Anyone talk to Garmin to get the info there?

Never did find Jepp pricing, and an email to their support email address went entirely unanswered.

Guess they really are just about supporting commercial aviation now...

I called Jepp few days ago and was told that their pricing is not published. You have to call them.
I then requested confirmation of their pricing by email two days ago but no answer yet.
Garmin appears to be cheaper but I will have to buy their USB Aviation card programmer.

Michel

Back