What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy question

dsm8

Well Known Member
Patron
Getting ready to trim my canopy. Does anyone know what the gap between the forward canopy and back window should be., pg 34-05 states that there should be a 1/32" from aft edge of the canopy and the forward edge of 1277A, but it appears if I do that there will be a gap forward of the roll cage leaving no part of the bar for the canopy to engage as well as leaving a significant gap for air and rain to get in. :confused:

Thanks

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you have 1277A positioned too far forward. 1277A is the Lexan rear window, right? If I remember right, I had a bit of hard time bending the flat Lexan sheet and getting it positioned correctly.

I've since replaced my Lexan rear window with the new Plexiglas one because the Lexan crazed and just didn't look good.

The canopy sits 'half on' the roll bar. The rear edge should be fairly close to the seam between the roll bar halves. I would not think you would need to trim any significant amount from the rear of the canopy. Mine only needed slight sanding along the front edge to clear the avionics bay cover. Everything should finish up pretty well straight out of the box.
Hope this helps
Cheers, DaveH

Don - could you post a picture, side on and then from the top ? Wondering what you have going on

Back