What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Places to fly to in NY (Hudson valleyish area)

dmat

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hey guys,

Was thinking about taking the gf somewhere over the long weekend but I don't want to go far.

Anyone have any nice places to go in the Hudson river valley area?

Thanks,
D

Stop for lunch at Kobelt, N45, if you haven't been there already. The New CAVU restaurant is on the field, taxi up and park out front on the grass. Eat outside if the weather is good. Great food.

I live in Northern NJ and can give you a few places...

1. KBID or KMVY - I prefer block island. My wife and i visit here a number of
times over the summer. The beach is fantastic, and I believe its the nicest around. If you go to Martha's Vineyard and want to spend time on the beach, I would recommend landing at Katama and taxing/parking all the way at the end. The beach is literally across the street. When you're done, throw your **** back in the plane and take a bus into town. $7 gives you bus access to the whole island all day long.

2. KLKP - Spend a day walking around town. Lots of nice little shops and great restaurants. I'd even spend the night if you can so that you can enjoy a nice dinner /few drinks

3. KASH - if you're looking for something fun to do, fly to Nashua and use the crew car to drive over to Sky Venture for some indoor "sky diving". My wife and I had a blast. Check Groupon before you go - many times they have a half off coupon. Make sure you call the FBO the day before to borrow the car.

4. KIAG - fly here and take a taxi over to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.

5. KTGI - Tangier Island is like going back in time. Many people really enjoy going here. Some nice restaurants.

(if you do stick with just the hudson valley area - stop at Columbia County for gas... its under $4/gallon)

Thanks gents! Unfortunately, having some issues with my bird... so, no long weekend with the GF.

Back