What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PRC substitute?

Stewie

Well Known Member
I have had a lot of headaches with PPG trying to source PRC to European clients and am wondering if anyone out there has used another two-part polysulfide similar to ProSeal B2 that they were happy with? Any suggestions appreciated.
Eric

I've used the Chemseal products from Spruce with no problems, other than the usual sticky mess ones. :)

I think the key is simply to buy to the correct specification whoever the manufacturer is. From the PRC document -

Meets requirements of specifications AMS-S-8802 formerly MIL-S-8802,

We typically use type II, Class B, with the following number giving the working time in hours (usually 2).

Just buy to the specification, the Chemseal product meets the same spec.

I've used the Chemseal products from Spruce with no problems, other than the usual sticky mess ones. :)

I think the key is simply to buy to the correct specification whoever the manufacturer is. From the PRC document -

Meets requirements of specifications AMS-S-8802 formerly MIL-S-8802,

We typically use type II, Class B, with the following number giving the working time in hours (usually 2).

Just buy to the specification, the Chemseal product meets the same spec.

AND I have also used the 3M AC Tech AC-236 product. As Gil says, they are all the same spec but different manufacturers.

Last time I purchased, the 3M AC Tech was the lowest cost in the U.S.

In the UK Silmid is a major supplier with a good selection of PRC sealants.

I suspect there are other suppliers in Europe as it is commonly used in the aerospace sector.

Thanks

That makes sense to just buy according to the spec. Very helpful everyone, thank you!
Eric

Back