What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cable bracket for AFP FM-150 with IO-540

bsvantho

I have a new Thunderbolt IO-540 for my RV-10 with the Airflow Performance injection system ( FM-150 throttle body ).

I see AFP has a custom bracket assembly. Not sure if I need to go that route or if I can use the parts I already have.

Can the VA-182 throttle bracket included in the FFW kit be used with this setup? Looks like the metered fuel output on the throttle body would have to face rear (so mixture control is on the left ) and part of the bracket flange would need to be trimmed ( or a spacer installed ) to clear the throttle arm.

Thanks.

And throttle bracket

On my 9A I have the yio-320 and fm150 also. Called Vans and they suggested calling AFP. Ended up ordering the throttle,mixture bracket. The vans supplied bracket will not work without major mods. Much easier using Roberts bracket and they have one for the Io-540 also.

On my 9A I have the yio-320 and fm150 also. Called Vans and they suggested calling AFP. Ended up ordering the throttle,mixture bracket. The vans supplied bracket will not work without major mods. Much easier using Roberts bracket and they have one for the Io-540 also.

Got it, thanks. I am surprised VANs has an AFP specific FAB kit but does not address the cable bracket. Now I wonder if the control cable and fuel lines from the kit will work with the AFP.

Back