What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

O-320 airbox opening size

RicoB

Well Known Member
Patron
Could anyone tell me what is the smallest size for the airbox opening would be for a O-320. I am trying to decide either to put the seal on the inner walls of the airbox or the outside like the book shows. But putting on the inside will def make the intake lil smaller..
thanks for all of the inputs

Is there a specific reason you would want to deviate from the plans and do it that way? Mine is per plans and works fine.

Chris

Honestly i think the way the book says its fine but my partner has a preference of doing the the seals on the inner walls of the airbox. so i am doing my research and there isn't any problems i don't mind doing that way. My concern is ending up with a small opening. But what is too small?

The general consensus is to avoid deviating from the plans as it relates to critical systems. The power plant is a critical system. Since power is a factor of fuel AND air, if you voluntarily give up airflow you are giving away power.

Back