Being frugal I made one out of wood.
I have a definite need for access to small items (eye glasses, handheld radio, patch cords, drinks, etc.) while flying.
It's made from Home Depot poplar 1/4" sheet that was planed down to 1/8" thick.
- Measure the dimensions and angles of the tunnel cover between the seats.
- Cut this profile into the bottom edge of one side piece.
- Put that side piece into the plane and draw a seat top profile on it.
- Match cut the second console side piece to the first.
- Glue the floor pieces between the sides maintaining sides vertically parallel.
- Glue the ends between the sides to form a rigid box.
- Add mid console dividers and a cover to fit your needs.
The console is a snug slide fit between the seats and is easy to remove.
1954 1st solo
1964 Mooney Statesman, 1979 C-172, 1948 Globe Swift (all sold)
RV-7 "Dream Weaver" N50KB
Empennage arrived 10/14
QB Wings & Fuselage arrived 06/15
Finish & FF kits arrived 11/15
Dual screen Garmin G3X instruments and harness delivered by Stein 01/16
First flight June 13th 2018
2019 Dues Paid