Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12/RV-12iS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2019, 03:30 PM

Honestly, thats one of the reasons I'm doing it. Ive been incredibly lucky/blessed to have a life in aviation, and kids today just don't know HOW to get there...so I figured I'd try to lead as many as I can over to the fun side of that chain link fence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftdown View Post
That, in itself, is almost enough reason to build an RV-12.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:57 AM

Default I agree with jcarne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarne View Post
Tool usage will really determine this. In my case I bought a 21 gallon compressor and REGRET it almost anytime I do drilling in the garage. I love my Nova air drill but man I wish I had gone with a 60 gallon compressor. Those can even be had for around $600 new. I rarely even try to use my die grinder anymore because the compressor can't keep up, I do however still suffer through it when I need to. In short, there is too small and not too big when it comes to compressors in my mind.
I bought a 20 gal Northern Tool compressor from which is in adequate for painting, drilling or die grinders. If you want to do those things, get a 60 or 80 gallon compressor. If not, I recommend small and quiet like a California Air Tools 8 or 10 gallon.

My 2 cents.

Patrick