VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-30-2019, 06:52 PM

Default rudder pedal mod

The brake feel on my 14 seemed less than ideal. The flat pedal seems to make you point your toes to apply pressure and a wet sole can cause slippage. Also, it's hard to tell how high to raise your foot for braking; if you raise it too high, your toe hits the hinge bar and causes loss of pressure.

I've also been noticing some after-market pedals which seem to separate the brake and rudder portions of the pedals for a more positive braking action, which seems like a good idea.

I attached a couple of angles to the pedal surface (see pic) to see if it improves things and the difference is very noticeable. I now can tell where on the pedal my foot is located and the braking action seems to be much more positive and even.

Not saying it's something we should all do, different folks have different ergonomics so it may not be an improvement for everyone, but I'm looking for some hard rubber strips I can attach to the angles and make this a permanent change....

RV-14A #140158 flying