Hello RV-14 Builders,
I'm sorry this has taken longer than I expected it would. I've lost count of the number of major design changes we've made, and there still may be a few tweaks before it's said and done. That said, these pictures should represent the final design for the most part.
If you have questions about the side panels that others might benefit from, please ask here rather than calling, and I'll try to keep tabs on this thread. I'll also start off by answering a few questions here too:
- We are starting out with "Cabin Area" side panels for now (that is what these pictures show). Full baggage panels will be available. Timing to be determined as we get further along shipping these.
- We are still working out pricing. All of the information for the cabin area side panels should be on our website sometime next week. We won't be taking any orders until then.
- Other products for the RV-14 will include Glareshield trim, and a much more basic side panel package for those that like the more spartan look. Timing to be determined further down the road.
- The hidden canopy latch mechanism is a custom design to work with our side panels. It is retrofitable. The handle will be anodized aluminum (the mockup is a painted 3D printed part).
- The lighter area near the top is the painted structure. All other areas are covered in our standard upholstery materials so that they match our seats. Colors can be arranged to your preference.
- Headset jacks are in the stock location.
- Based on past experience, we have used 2024 T3 Aluminum for the structure. This reduces weight (we will have final weight numbers when production parts are ready), increases durability, and aids adhesion. The only molded plastic part is the air vent trim.
- With a few very small exceptions, there are no visible fasteners.
- The black trim below the latch is machined aluminum.
Comments and constructive feedback are welcome. These have been a long time coming. They may look fairly simple to the casual observer, but hundreds of hours of design and prototyping went into these. Hope you all like them
Here are the pictures:
Armrest Area Close-up
Air Vent Trim
Forward Pockets (wallet and cell phone)
Armrest Storage Area (note: only a small water bottle will fit)
Spar Bulkhead Area