What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

exhaust cracks

yarddart

Well Known Member
IO 360 150 hrs on SS vetterman exhaust . Any exhaust hanger ideas? They were repaird once at 60 HRS. I do have rubber hanger and the prop was balanced. Thanks Steve :confused:

Take digital pictures of the entire installation, close ups of the fault area. Send them to Larry Vetterman. Trust me...NOBODY knows more about those things than Larry.

Jeff
300 hours on a Vetterman system in my -4.

I've got the Vetterman exhausts also. Kept getting cracks at the mounting boss of #4 and at the "Y" on the left side. I found a piece of stainless with an inside diamater of the outside of my stacks and about 3 inches long. It was a bit too thick so I turned it down on the lathe. Then I took the #4 exhaust stack and cut it about an inch and a half past the first turn from where it mounts to the head. Then I cut another quarter to three eighths inch off the stack and welded this piece onto the lower portion. I got a couple of stainless steel finder washers about one and a quarter inch in diamater and a couple of ss nuts and welded a bracket onto each piece so as to connect them with a long bolt looseley. I would send you a picture but won't have time in the next couple of weeks to take it. If you still have problems send me an email and I'll get a picture to you as soon as I can.

Back